If you are reading this then you are definitely one of those people who wants to learn what affiliate marketing is and how it works. Affiliate marketing is one of the legit ways to make money online, but without thorough research, you cannot succeed in your goal.
If you want to be successful in this business, you will need to know where to start. There are a lot of factors that may affect the result of your business such as site traffic and your attitude toward your goal.
So what is Affiliate Marketing?
If you are already an owner of a website and you cannot decide what to do with it, then there are 3 ways to earn money from it. You can let advertisers use your website to place their ads, sell products which will get you a lot of money, or you can do affiliate marketing which can become your passive income in the long run.
Affiliate marketing is actually the middle ground between selling products and advertising. All you need to do is promote other people’s products using your website.
Of course, it doesn’t have to be all the products out there. You will need to check which products have affiliate marketing programs and choose from among them. Don’t forget to check the revenue percentage that you will be getting to affiliate with the product as well. Each product revenue percentage is different. You can either earn when someone clicks on the link or you can get a commission for each sale the product gets through your link.
There are also two ways to earn a commission from your affiliate products as well. You can get affiliate link ads or affiliate links for your content. Affiliate link ads can be placed anywhere your website. If you don’t know what those are, those are the ads that pop-up on the websites that you go to. If you click on those, you will be redirected to the website of that product. Affiliate links are of course the links that you insert to the content in your site so that the visitor that read your content can be directed to the product website.
What you need to know
If you have not decided yet on what kind of niche you want to affiliate with you must also need to know that this is a large industry and 2 kinds of affiliate programs: the retail affiliate program from retail companies and affiliate networks.
A retail affiliate program is marketing a specific brand on your website. Affiliate marketing networks, on the other hand, is a group of companies that are affiliated with each other. It allows you to connect to not only one product, but a group of products. When you sign up for an affiliate marketing network, they will give you access to a lot of products that will match the niche of your website so that will give you an opportunity to earn more money. The only disadvantage is that they take a small percentage of commission from the percentage commission that you will be taking from the affiliate products.
What are the Different Affiliate Marketing Programs Out there?
There are actually a lot of affiliate networks programs out there. Let’s take a look at two of these.
1. Warrior Plus
This affiliate network program is free and legit. It actually covers a lot of niches, but they specialize in products that help you “make money online” niche. Using Warrior Plus can help you promote the product you are selling, find different products to promote, or purchase products that can help you with your online business.
Using Warrior Plus for the first time can be overwhelming, though. There are a lot of products to choose from, but they have features which I like which are:
a. Affiliate Offers Galore
This feature allows you to see what are the best affiliate marketing program available in the market. It shows you the indicator which products are performing and if you like the product, it’s easy to sign up to promote that certain product or even buy it for your business.
b. Know Your Customers
This feature will allow you to see the number of customers you have, the average purchase that they do in your website, and the customer value average. It helps you manage your customers and buyers It’s a very user-friendly feature.
c. Easily Manage Affiliates
If you have several affiliates then this is a very handy feature. You can track the statistics of the affiliates that you have so you’ll know which product is giving you a lot of money and which ones need more promotion.
d. Automated Product Alerts
This feature allows you to get alerts for new products and products that are performing well. It will also give you an alert for keywords that are trending online.
e. Multiple Payment Options
You would love this option because not all people will give out their credit card numbers online to avoid fraud. You can choose to accept payments via strip or PayPal.
What’s good about Warrior Plus is it’s open and transparent. You get to see the vendors and if their products are performing well.
There are more useful features for this affiliate marketing program. It’s up to you to discover them and decide if it’s useful for your business or not.
2. Click Bank
You’ve probably heard of this because it’s very popular and this company have over 6 million clients around the world. It has been around a while. In fact, this affiliate marketing program started in 1998. That’s a long time to be in business in the online world, right? Just 10 years after the word “world wide web” has been coined. It was way back when our chat boxes had a black background and looked like command prompts. We also have to use nicknames to chat. Back then we had a lot of patience because the internet was not as fast as it is now. Okay. So now I feel old.
Clickbank has survived two decades already and I believe they are very reliable otherwise they would not be in business now.
So what is Clickbank? Why should you join this company aside from the fact that it’s an established company?
• Like other affiliate marketing networks, you get to pick from thousands of vendors and start promoting it. They have a wide variety of niche to choose from which range from online lessons to computers and gardens and even politics!
• In fact, it has over 260 categories to choose from and it’s free to use.
• Did I also mention earlier that they have clients worldwide? This fact alone will really encourage you to use ClickBank.
• It has a satisfactory reputation. It’s also very easy to use and has very good customer service which can help you if you have problems with a vendor which eliminates the possibility of fraud. I’d really recommend this for beginners in affiliate marketing.
• There are disadvantages for using ClickBank though. It has a lot of products available to promote so choosing a niche to start promoting can be very tough and you may end up promoting a product that a lot of affiliate marketers are already signed up with. You need to check not only the statistics of the sales of the product, but you also need to check if a lot of affiliate marketers are promoting it. Choose a unique, but an interesting product that a lot of people may need to use.
• Payments using ClickBank are different than the other affiliate networks. They are sent out through checks every 2 weeks. There are some affiliates though that are allowed direct deposit and they can be paid every week.
Keys to Success
So those are the 2 affiliates that you can use if you want to start your business. Here are some important pointers for you to remember before starting.
1. Remember to do your research on the product that you want to affiliate with. It will take time to do that, but the reward is worth it in the long run. You will be making a lot of effort to promote the product so you don’t want your effort wasted in the end.
2. Track your sales and traffic. It’s very important for you to track your website if it’s getting enough traffic to help you get a lot of sales. Of course, it’s a given that you would want to track your sales. You chose to be an affiliate marketer because you want to earn money online.
3. Create quality content for your website. The traffic on your website is dependent on the quality of the content that you published on your site. So make sure the information you published is clear and accurate.
4. Interact with your customers. You can easily do this by creating a “contact us” page on your website. Another way is by promoting your site through social media, guest blogs, and YouTube. Check them out and see which marketing strategy will work best for your niche.
I hoped this article has given you more information about affiliate marketing.