What is affiliate marketing? If you heard about this term and you’re curious about how to make money with affiliate marketing, then you came to the right place. I will teach you the basics of affiliate marketing and give you tips on how to make money with legitimate affiliate marketing programs.
Affiliate marketing is a practice of recommending products to potential customers in order to generate sales and get a commission from their sales. It basically works like the referral program. An affiliate marketing program online involves the affiliate website, the affiliate network, the advertiser, and the buyer.
Basically, the advertiser goes to an affiliate website, choose an affiliate network and signs up as an affiliate for the product, and markets the products to the potential buyers. The business model for affiliate marketing programs is performance-based. Basically, the affiliate does not necessarily need to have a product to market Here’s how the four major players in legitimate affiliate marketing programs:
1. Affiliate – Anyone who owns a website can be an affiliate. It can be anyone and building a website is not that complicated. You’ll just need to go online, choose a domain for the product that you will be advertising, and pay for it. Then, you just need to put details of the products, reviews and customize the theme for your website.
2. Advertiser – The advertiser is any company online that sells products.
3. Affiliate Network – An affiliate network is a company that gives you the link to advertise the product you are affiliated with. An example of this is the SFI affiliate.
4. Affiliate website – This is the website that is used by affiliate networks that give you the link in order for you to get a commission for your affiliate marketing program.
What IS SFI and How Do I Earn From It?
SFI or Six Figure International was founded by Gerry Carson in 1998. Back then, he had only one product and the business was only operating in the United States of America. Over the years, the business has grown and expanded worldwide with over 1000 products that you can choose from to affiliate.
With over 2 decades of success, SFI is a trusted name when it comes to affiliate marketing. So how was the company founded?
The founder, Gerry Carson was part of a top affiliate marketing program of a direct selling company in the United States from 1985 to 1998. He was also a business publisher for a famous magazine. In 1998 he founded SFI. His aim was to help many lives around the world earn a living through the internet. The company became widely known in 2009 because of Triple Clicks which was an online store. The online company offered a unique way to sell their stuff through marketing the products in exchange for a commission for each sale. It was named triple clicks because a person can earn in three different ways: buying the product as a customer and saving a lot of money, by being an online marketer and earning a commission for each sale, and as a seller selling your very own products.
In 1998, he started SFI in the view of utilizing the internet to enrich many lives all around the world. Now, it is one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
Their success boomed with the start of their own online store, Triple Clicks in January 2009, which provides an easy way for its members to sell their stuff and also market other products for commissions. If you want to join as an SFI affiliate, it’s easy and free.
SFI affiliate is not like other legitimate affiliate marketing programs as well. SFI has VP or Versa Points and needs you to maintain a leadership level in order to increase your ranking and your income potential. Versa Points are given for every action that you do on the SFI website. 1 VP is = $.0005. So the more VP points you earn the more earning you get.
1. Executive affiliate is the first rank in SFI. You will be required to maintain 1500 VP every month.
2. A bronze team leader is the second ranking in SFI. You will need to maintain a 3000 VP every month.
3. A silver team leader is the third ranking in SFI. You need to maintain a ranking of 4000 VP every month.
4. A gold team leader is the fourth ranking in SFI. You will need to maintain a ranking of 5000 VP every month.
5. A platinum team leader is the last ranking in SFI. You are required to maintain 6000 VP every month in order to maintain this ranking.
Now we understand that you will need to maintain Versa Points in order to earn from SFI. How do we get these Versa Points? SFI has a series of actions assigned to you when you log in. These actions are on your SFI-To-Do-List. You can start doing these as soon as you register in order to rank as an executive affiliate and start earning.
Don’t stop there as soon as you become an executive affiliate. SFI Affiliate will require you to keep at least 1500 Versa Points each month in order to keep earning so you need to keep on doing the tasks given by SFI to you in order to keep earning. As soon as you get to an executive affiliate status, you will be assigned co-sponsored affiliates or CSA. If your CSA purchase products, you will earn 20% commission every time.
In order to keep your SFI account, you need to do three things: Login to your account and do the SFI-To-Do-List, Place a standing order of 1500VP worth of products, and market your online store. If you do all of these, there is no reason for you to be a failure at being an SFI affiliate. All payments are done every 20th of the month for the previous months earnings as long as you have $25 if you choose a PayPal payout or $100 in you choose a check payout.
Legitimate affiliate marketing programs have a lot of potentials to earn money. A lot of successful people join affiliate marketing to earn a lot of money, but they have no idea how they will start marketing the products they are affiliated with. Here are the 7 reasons why people fail affiliate marketing.
1. No patience – like any other business, you should not expect to earn a lot of money at affiliate marketing immediately. It takes patience and a lot of hard work in order to succeed in this business.
2. Poor quality content – you need to write content that is relevant to the niche of the product that you are marketing. Search engines check the content of your website and determine if it has good quality or not. Choose a niche that you are passionate about so that you won’t have a lot of problems creating content for your website.
3. Black hat SEO – avoid black hat SEO. You may have success in ranking your website by using black hat SEO, but it’s only short-term success. Search engines will catch up to this and will rank down your site or worse, you will get banned.
4. Promoting the wrong products – choose a product that people need and are using regularly. Do not choose a product that people will not buy without seeing the actual product. Remember that when you market a product online people could not see or check the product physically so it should be something that people do not have to inspect in order to buy them.
5. Never choose products with little commission – always choose a product that gives a bigger commission. You will be working months to promote a product in order to get a sale so the commission from that product should be worth your effort.
6. Getting affiliated with too many products – do not be tempted to be affiliated with a lot of products at the same time if you are a newbie at affiliate marketing. The temptation is very strong once you know how to market products, but marketing a lot of products at the same time can end you up as a failure in affiliate marketing. In order to succeed in affiliate marketing program online, you need to start with just one product. Concentrating on marketing only one product will get you a bigger chance of success.
There are many kinds of opportunities to earn online nowadays and joining legitimate affiliate marketing programs can get you to earn the top dollars that you are dreaming of. SFI affiliate is one of them, but do not start joining them without any knowledge. If you have knowledge on sales funnels, SEO, website building, and writing then you have an edge over people who do not have these skills. If you are reading this, chances are you do not have the idea of how to do affiliate marketing. Try to learn one or two of the skills I mentioned so you will succeed. Do not be pessimistic if you do not have these skills. If there’s something I have discovered lately, anything can be learned online. You can take up courses or check out free tutorials to develop your skills. SFI even offers a 30-day training session to newbies who want to be an affiliate with them. You can take advantage of this. If you do not have the time to do these then you can hire somebody to do these things so you can succeed. One thing is for sure. Your success depends on your determination to succeed.