There are a lot of websites that have posts with affiliate marketing statistics and I know there are a lot of affiliate marketing products to sell online. If you are reading this article then you are probably one of those guys who is researching if affiliate marketing is a good way to earn a passive income.
I’m going to give you the statistics on affiliate marketing and what you need to know about it before you start being an affiliate. After you read this I’m sure you will be convinced that affiliate marketing is the way to go for your passive income goal online.
This is a very easy way to hit that goal using only less investment. All you need to have is a website or social media accounts. This may be the main reason why a lot of people choose affiliate products to sell online instead of any other online making money opportunities.
Before we start with the statistics, here are the basic facts that you need to know about affiliate marketing.
What is an Affiliate Program?
Affiliate marketing program involves three important elements: the product creator or the affiliate, the advertiser or the affiliate marketer, and the product consumers.
Here’s what happens to a successful affiliate marketing program:
1. The seller or creator of the product gives out special links to the affiliate marketers or affiliate marketing networks so their product can be advertised. Every link is special and it allows tracking of
2. The affiliate marketing network receives special links and gives it to the affiliate marketers so they can start advertising the product of the affiliate. A good example of an affiliate marketing network is wealthy affiliate marketing. This does not apply to all affiliates, however, because there are affiliates that prefer not use affiliate marketing networks. Instead, they deal directly with affiliate marketers.
3. The advertiser or the affiliate marketer then create a review or more useful information related to the affiliate product and inserts the special link to sell that product.
4. The product consumers then read the reviews or the articles of the affiliate marketing about the best affiliate products online. They will then click the special link through the call-to-action button. It will then be redirected to the website of the affiliate or the creator so they can buy the product. After the consumer has bought the product, the affiliate marketer or advertiser then gets a commission out of that sale.
So What Will Be My Role?
The quickest way to earn money online is by becoming an affiliate marketer. The affiliate marketer advertises the best affiliate marketing products that they can find online. They advertise the product of the affiliate by creating reviews and blogs on that are related to the product that they are affiliated with on their respective websites. Some affiliate marketers also advertise through social media like YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
How Do You Become A Successful Affiliate Marketer?
Some people shy away from online money-making opportunities because they think it’s complicated and it requires a lot of money for investment. It’s just easy to sign up and become an affiliate marketer. Plus, it’s also free!
All you need is a website and a positive attitude. Of course, creating a website requires money and it will just cost you below $20 a month to have a website running. Just about anybody can become an affiliate marketer, but becoming a successful affiliate marketer is the challenge.
So is there are a formula for becoming a successful affiliate marketer? I have to be honest with you. There is no specific formula for being successful when it comes to being an affiliate marketer. I tried a lot of stuff when I first started my online money-making venture and ended up failing or being scammed, but when I discovered wealthy affiliate marketing, I was not disappointed. Of course, it took some time for me to earn a lot of money, but I never gave up. It tried a lot of techniques that were thought in the training videos and webinars of wealthy affiliate marketing until I had a lot of sales.
The most important thing to bear in mind when marketing your affiliate products to sell online is to be noticed by your target consumers. It’s also equally important to rank your website in the search engines. This is called search engine optimization and you may find some tips about it on my other blogs.
Here are some other tips that I can share with you to help you become a successful affiliate marketer:
· Always choose a topic that you are very familiar with. It can be one of your hobbies or a certain topic that you are confident in talking about. Of course, after that, you need to choose the best affiliate marketing products that you want to be affiliated with.
· Have a marketing plan in place and choose the best medium that you are comfortable when advertising your affiliate product.
· Do not forget to include a content strategy in your marketing plan. Make sure that you have an outline of the topics that you can talk about that is related to your product. These content needs to have good quality and informative. Do not focus on promoting your affiliate product.
· Make sure that you do your research about the topic that you are talking about so that people will trust you and look forward to your content regularly. If you do this you are building your audience and I’m sure it will grow if you keep on producing quality content.
· Make sure that you choose the right affiliate marketing network. Do your research and make sure that the affiliate marketing network company that you choose will cater to your needs. When I did this, I spent about two weeks ding research on the affiliate marketing networks until I decided to go with wealthy affiliate marketing. I chose them because it was so easy to join them. They didn’t require a website in joining them as well. I watched their training videos, attended weekly webinars, and checked their online community and learned a lot from them on how to become a successful affiliate marketer. Their training videos had a step-by-step guide on how to create a website, create content, and techniques in marketing so I didn’t have any problem building my website and creating my content.
How Much Can I Earn Promoting Affiliate Products To Sell Online?
Just like the formula on how to become a successful affiliate marketer, there is also no definite answer to this question. Your income will depend on the success of your marketing efforts. If you just started being an affiliate marketer, then don’t expect to gain a lot of income. Your first months may be a disappointment because you will still be experimenting on the right technique that will work for you to gain sales.
Remember every business has different needs so it goes without saying that what will work for your competitor may not work for you. You need to have a positive attitude and a lot of patience so you can have a lot of income in the long run.
Most affiliate marketing networks are free to join. Some affiliate marketing networks will make you pay to join them. Be wary about these sites, though and make sure that you check reviews about them. I’ve been scammed a lot of times because I did not check reviews first before signing up for them.
Some Statistics That Will Convince You To Become An Affiliate Marketer
1. Fast growth – According to statistics, affiliate marketing income grow by 10% annually.
2. The industry is worth over $12 Billion!
3. Affiliates Earn Over $700 million a year
4. 84% of the brands rely on affiliate marketing – the proof of this is the number of products that you can choose from when you search for the best affiliate marketing products. You will notice that you have thousands of products to choose from.
5. Fashion products are still the best selling affiliate marketing products – fashion products and services have about 18.70% success rate. While sports and outdoors follow with 14.60% rate and health and wellness products come in third with 11.10% success.
6. There are about 5 billion clicks and over 200 million transactions done worldwide
7. Organic search is still the way to go when it comes to SEO
8. Mobile Optimization gets more conversion so make sure that your site is mobile friendly.
9. Ad blockers don’t work with affiliate marketing as long as you are doing it right. You can always avoid ad blockers by providing good content and avoid black hat SEO. Remember that ad blockers are now very popular and almost all web users are using it. So always use the white hat method in SEO to promote your affiliate product.
All in All…
Affiliate marketing is still the best way to make money online. Anyone can be an affiliate marketer and become successful as long as you have the right mindset and the patience to experiment and do a lot of research. It is a very versatile industry which if done correctly can help you earn a lot of money. Promoting affiliate products to sell online will not only benefit you. It will also benefit the affiliate and the consumer as well. The affiliate will get to grow his business and the consumers can benefit from the deals that you can give them. The best affiliate marketing products will give the consumers the satisfaction from the product and will keep purchasing from you giving you more commissions. It’s a win-win situation. So what are you waiting for? Jump in and join as an affiliate marketer.